Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What Is The Song That Goes Dun Dun Dun Dun

intermediate seminar

was in the last 2 weeks my host sister from last year, Anna, with her boyfriend John to visit with me. It was really nice to see them again and also has two home here very much.

I also had last week Monday to Thursday between seminar in Haifa. The seminar has given me very well liked, both by the program, as well as from the line and especially the other volunteers. It was already far beyond the value that I had to work a week is not and it was interesting to hear from people from other projects and more volunteers from Israel / Palestine can become acquainted.


Today had Maya, Lea (my boss), Rayda and I talking about how we feel here as volunteers. We have indeed met many people, and seen and learned, but that was usually from outside the village on their own initiative. From the village we feel it more the case that we are seen primarily as (cheap) labor force because we are not involved in the community still feel special that you appreciate our work as volunteers. The impression I (and Maya) have gained from the conversation was that the village volunteers will mainly because the village they cost less than "normal" workers, and because the Friends of Neve Shalom organizations (the ones in Europe U.S. and collect donations) the like to see.

Well, tomorrow morning at 4:30 is my cousin repays Roza for a month to visit, I'm looking forward to (of course) very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment