Monday, August 23, 2010

Project Report Sample

News

Hola mis amigos in Alemania,
Here is now finally a long blog entry, I'm usually very busy and rarely come onto the Internet. I try everything that happened so far is to write down as possible in chronological order. So
on 10th August all started at Frankfurt Airport. Apart from my parents along with some friends from school and basketball to my departure to the airport had come. Was a great thing, guys! Thanks again for that ... The next few hours I skip once and summarize: 19 hours flight time to La Paz, but more than 30 hours travel time. Total compensation destroy us the view of El Alto and La Paz in the approach. All cases were there and I even got enough air (at 4000m). A delegation of the Hermandad (a kind of partnership between the Commission Trier, Hildesheim and Bolivia), volunteers received last year and the host families from La Paz us. Then we take a taxi only good times 500m downhill run from El Alto to La Paz to believe but on this main road, people jogged from La Paz to El Alto HIGH. For me, the amount made by headaches and reduced efficiency noticeable going to say after a few meters, I got very out of breath. In the evening we were still eating (7 people full menu and drink a total of approximately € 25-30). After I had been frozen one night total (about 0 degrees) then the next day we had a meeting with all 19 volunteers (12 Trier, 7 Hildesheim is even more of Mainz and Aachen, but are not part of our partnership). On the way to the meeting drove el presidente Evo Morales over with police protection. At the meeting, we were welcomed and bla bla bla. Afternoon we went to a lookout point on a cathedral with a Padre who was interested in very active for the German girls. The deeper one goes from El Alto to La Paz in, the richer the environment (you can see in white houses). Evening was still a welcome service with the Archbishop (Most people are very religious here, 80-90% are Catholic). The service is very different here. During the sermon a cell phone rings, the bishop said only: "What a beautiful ring - maybe it was" What a fucking ring tone "as well as I can not even English. After that was a fiesta with dancing, etc.
Saturday was the last day for 9 volunteers in La Paz there were still a couple of political information on Bolivia, which I leave here now gone, which come in a "Blog Special" or so ... maybe a few things about La Paz, which are particularly struck me: There are few shops, as we know it, most of them are stands on the sidewalk. This work also has some children, as they clean shoes or sell Kitsch stuff on the streets. Traffic in La Paz seems chaotic, because everywhere people walk between the cars and you think that the wrong must go. But I have no accidents have seen here in Bolivia. I myself am going mostly by bus for the equivalent of 10-15 cents, which can be thought about as old as the amino school buses (the yellow part with mostly friendly legroom). There is no bus schedule, but the buses run constantly and stop when you lift the arm (so you can all get on and off).

So now you go out from La Paz to Sucre. The trip took almost 18 hours and although the Flota. These are coaches who are as comfortable, as we know it in Europe. Because Potosi was blocked at the time of the tour due to strikes, we had to go through Cochabamba, hence the long travel time. The coaches are the usual transport if you travel within Bolivia. It is advisable in any case to consider is an emergency plan for the toilet, because our bus driver was eight hours sometimes not easy and there was no toilet on board ...
In Aquile, a town along the route gave me a woman her daughter, "offered ". As a blonde-haired Europeans, one applies here as well off and is also the women most popular and is actually looked at forever. Well ... was funny.
Then we finally are finally in Sucre arrived. Once in the host family, there was food Lama. Hard to believe, but I ate habs. My host family consists of: Christian, works as a coordinator of a kind development project and, like his wife Maria (hopefully so ever, the mumbling the name is always so ...) is actually a doctor. Maria is seven months pregnant. The two children are called Gabriel, 10, and Diego, 6 years. Sucre is a beautiful city, even now in winter it is 20-25 degrees. It is manageable in size (300,000 I believe) and especially not as busy as La Paz (Also, more than 1000m deep, which makes the thing). In the evening I'm still on a few beers with my predecessors and other volunteers left. The beer here is actually the way, as good as the German. In the beginning, everything is pretty cheap by German standards, but now after almost 2 weeks I've changed me a bit and find some things to too expensive, although they are just a few Euros. The next day I had the first course, and I am the only volunteer in Sucre, who still can not speak English or have never had English in school. The language teacher is very entertaining, a mottorradfahrender macho cowboy. Meanwhile, I can have a little talk in English, and somehow I'm so in most cases. That evening there was a Begrüßungsfiesta in the Fundacion Treveris, my "employer". As was then danced neatly Quecka, a local dance here. For the first time I've seen my house: there I'll be living with Luke, a Mitfreiwilligen, as if I am on the weekend in the city. The apartment is huge, each of us has a bedroom with bathroom and there is also a guest room with bathroom. Then there is a large room with kitchen and living room. There is a telephone, Internet, television and all you need be it. Hammock, of course, there are, of course. I
The next day I brought the kids to school and picked up and spent the afternoon after the language course with a few people in a cafe, located on a hill where you have a brilliant view has over all of Sucre. Wednesday I was a bit sick, but at night I still helped with my host father and his Colombian friend, a Canadian and a half-German wife coming from Uruguay during the move. If that is not even inter-cultural exchange ...
Thursday night, as always in the morning language course, then I was on the mercado negro, where there are genuine clothes at good prices (and this here is already expensive, but as I have with an original Germany World Cup jersey for the equivalent of € 15 bought). In the evening I got together with Christian and his colleagues played indoor volleyball and then we had another drink. As we waited for our food at a diner, suddenly came to an estimated 60-70 year-old cook with me and began to dance on Bolivian music. About 30 people look inspires us to ... an ... hurray
On Friday I was back on the market, here it is really anything from scrap metal right up to good things. Second hand items are there as well as counterfeit clothes.
Saturday I went to a large supermarket shopping: There are even Haribo and chocolate. My salvation! Sometimes I go even taxi because buses are often full and I standing there not fit. Meanwhile, I've been here two taxi drivers and friends who greet me and every time they see me. Taxi ride costs 4 or 5 Bolivianos, ie by approximately 50 cents. Until now I was not ripped off, where there have already tried a few people. Saturday night I was the first time here in the disco. Disco's most happening Only in this way from 1 clock and then takes up in the morning, where one is then asked to point out once the darkness. Well in the disco as blonde-haired Europeans, that's something. All eyes are focused on you and you do not have long to wait until you asked to dance (although that is the job of the men here actually) is. Here they dance mostly in pairs, male and female, that is not in the circle or more. It runs the same music as in German discos, also sometimes local music. The next morning, after actually hardly sleep, we went in the church and then we have something to eat outside boar down. Trier today was even in the newspaper of Sucre, because of the car rally. I write soon to be a little bit about the current situation in Bolivia and then also get the first pictures of La Paz and Sucre. Muchos saludos to Germany!
Chau

0 comments:

Post a Comment