Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Medical Malpractice Complaint Example

Christmas in Bolivia

For some time I have at the supermarket in Sucre the Christmas candy on the shelves pointed out that soon to be Christmas. In particular, the masses of quasi-Panetone identical with our German Christmas cake. Since I mainly in the Advent season on the road, there was no advent calendar this year for me. Even Santa Claus has not come. So began the preparations for Christmas really only at noon on 24 December. I went to my host family where I had lived in the time of the course in the first month. Besides my two host brothers, my host sister, who is only 2 months old, my host parents, and even the parents of my host mom and her siblings had arrived. Together did we have put ourselves on the way and bought several things you need so now time for Christmas: Christmas tree has branches all real Christmas trees do not exist. Moss and a small little house for the crib and Christmas tree ornaments. At Christmas time there is a huge market in Sucre, where you can buy anything for Christmas. Then we decorated everything and prepared the food: Picaña. Picaña is typical of Bolivia. A soup with chicken, potatoes and corn. Since there is a sharp version and a version of wine in the sauce. Whether the name Picaña that has to do with the same electrical device with which you can miss electric Hocks, I do not know. In any event, the sharp Version shocked me a bit but was still tasty. The grandfather had bought lots of beer, I actually thought that maybe would Christmas be the only festival in Bolivia, where once nothing was drunk. Anyway, we were all tired after dinner so that we are no longer went to Mass, talked a bit, sang and watched a movie. Gift there was also the first time no.

The next morning I was awakened by my host father. I should hurry, we would go to the wedding. Huh, wedding? On 25 December? The Christmas Fair and Bridal Fair was held in one, that day I have seen countless wedding couples. The Bolivians prefer to marry in even-numbered years and particularly enjoy the Christmas season. A friend of my host father has also married. After the wedding we went buy gifts. Instead, as in Germany, I have seen many families that run on the day with their children through the shops. Which may then choose something that will be packed by them and later reopened. In all the city's streets were filled with people. People from the countryside, which are among the poorest in the country. They all come for Christmas in the city, hoping that the people there at that time are united and donate money. They also sell their products from the country at roadside stalls. After Lunch and consumption of the remaining beer allowed, my host brothers, then open their previously purchased gifts. In Bolivia only really gifted children until the age of 10-12 years. I had bought for each and every gift, but also the adults have been happy then, once again to be allowed to open a Christmas gift. In the afternoon I played for hours with my host brothers and their gifts. That evening there was the wedding, but I stayed with the Grandpa with the kids. On Boxing Day, the rest of it all and not much happened in Bolivia.

But there was a belated Christmas present from President Evo Morales: Gasoline increased by 57%, diesel by as much as 82%. This means strike. Mini buses in the city no longer drive, taxis are more expensive, out of the city, it is also no longer coaches, but only by plane or car. Whether it becomes a general strike, I do not know. In any case, put a lot of people yet been determined. In some cities, the markets have already closed and here in the supermarket has fewer products on the shelf. I am sure that travel is generally more expensive in the new year and some products are more expensive. When inflation hits the back particularly the poorest of the poorest hardest, and all who work in transportation. Let's hope the best is that everything is back New Year reasonably normal. In this spirit, have a Happy New Year 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment