Sunday, December 12, 2010

Why Does A Toilet Seat Turn Purple

A visit to a German family

Gaby has invited me today to worship in their church - in fact typical Chilean. For here is one I make at least the experience of someone you is exploring, always invited into the church.
So I go in here Temuco for the first time an evangelical church service. When I go to church, I am greeted by all the people there - Chileans greet each other always with a "Besito" on the right cheek and an "Hola, cómo estás?" - And the priest begins the service with a request that one are welcomed each other. So first is called wild through the area. Then the priest shall take the floor again and I will especially be presented, may stand up and explain briefly what I'm doing here in Temuco. From all sides I get a nod friendly and I can sit down again.
There is a band playing and beautiful songs are sung. But when I think the service is coming to an end, is just beginning the actual sermon. When the service is over then, I learn from other Chilean young people to a church service lasts at least two or two and a half hours. So I had not expected. Well, they want an experience. Then take me to after Labranza with Gaby, a town twenty minutes outside of Temuco. There, I learn her husband and daughter along with Chilean man and three weeks old baby know. Everyone is very friendly and we spend a great day to eat with cookies, playing cards and interesting conversations. In the evening I take the bus back to the Hogar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment